SPRING IS HERE! Well, after the most miserable winter of my entire life"real winter" for 6 months is not fun; I am so very happy to finally welcome in Spring! Prague has planted more Cherry trees than any other place i have ever been to or lived in... the blossoms are just stunning! I love Spring specifically because the birds are finally out again, people are walking, beer gardens are open, and it makes me feel like i am going to make it through all of this in one piece. I suppose Easter couldn't have come at a better time! All is right with the world once more!
Ah... Easter fun! Last weekend I had Easter dinner at my house with some of my "UN friends" to celebrate the "rising of the Jesus". I made a ham with a fabulous brown sugar glaze... one that i believe my mother would probably be in disbelief of it was that good! We ate, laughed, ate WAY too much desert and just had a really wonderful time. Easter in Prague is something special. Besides the fact that they have Easter markets, which i absolutely love and adore... Hello... hand painted eggs, they also have a special tradition that involves alcohol and a whip! SOOO... men make whips out of willow branches and tie colorful streamers on the end of them. They then run around their villages in "trick or treat" like style, going from door to door asking for slivovice (plum brandy) and painted eggs. The premise behind this idea is the women (who have prepared slivovice and the painted eggs) will give these items to the men and in return will be whipped for another year or being beautiful and staying young... Ahh Pagan traditions... i love this place!
Dave's first attempt at blowing eggs. One busted in his face and he was less than happy about it. But we managed to get them all blown with only one causality.
I really did expect that when I scrolled down to the bottom of the cherry blossom picture you would be doing your Marie Antonette scene with champagne! So glad to hear your easter went well! I cooked a brown sugar glazed ham too....look how amazingly domestic we are ;)!
ReplyDelete