In the middle of September me, Jen, CJ, Leon, and a missing Christina (who became ill) dressed up and went to a Fashion TV party at a club called LS. The idea was a true girls night out... cocktails, fancy dresses/clothing, a night out with gossip! Well, our plan went well until around 12:00am. We all decided that we had had way too much to drink and we were all in need of a bed. Our ladies night was a blast.. for the three hours we all participated in it.
That next weekend was the fabulously wonderful Burcak Festival, or the celebration of "young wines". Basically the idea is you take the grapes, twigs, stems, and basically anything and put it in a big barrel and let it ferment for about 5 days. After that you bring this brew to Prague and sell it. It's an amazing drink that manages to work as a laxative and headache inducer all in the span of three hours... it's a wonder drink. This year the festival was colder than last year, so our eagerness to continue drinking was pretty short lived. We had fun nonetheless and bought yet another bottle of the Kosher wine... really yummy and fabulous!
I was told last week about a bio/organic market that was happening in Prague not far from where we live (biojarmark). I MISS farmer's markets so much and the idea of getting to buy some more organic fruits and veggies was almost too tempting for me. But, when we arrived and I realized they had traditional folk music too complete with costumes i was in festival heaven. We did a bio wine tasting, bought yellow carrots and had just an amazing time! Plus the weather was amazing, i LOVE the indian summer!
Finally, a dear friend of mine from Georgia, Sarah Densmore Faughtenberry, was in town from Oktoberfest over the last three days. We went out for dinner last evening with her, little kingston to be, her husband, and another couple from Atlanta. Dave met us out after where we went for drinks at the Buddah Bar in the center of Prague. It was so great to see old friends again and I am definitely looking forward to seeing everyone again when I am there in May 2010 for my sister's graduation!
Hey there! Happy to see things are going so well and having lots of visitors. I miss ya. We need to get some more skype time so I can get my heather fix.
ReplyDelete