"I could live here if it wasn't for the buses and the tourists and the winding roads."
The Amalfi Coast is everything that the guide books say... beautiful. The other thing that the guide books say is that the roads are very curvy... also true. What they don't mention is that sitting in the back of the bus as you zip around these curves can make the most iron stomached person a bit sick. I luckily didn't get sick, but getting off of that bus was welcome relief from the tossing and focusing on the horizon. I am just glad i didn't eat before that trip!
Before we even got on the bus we met a really friendly and lovely couple from Atlanta, Georgia who had taken a vacation to get away from the US for a couple of weeks and enjoy a much needed vacation (they are both lawyers). We had so much fun talking in line with them (for almost two hours) that we hung out with them the rest of the day. We made a decision while waiting in line (like we had anything else to do) to get off at the town Positano to grab lunch and relax (really to get gelato).
*Sorry these pictures are in a bit of a random order but I couldn't be asked to move them all around so I didn't*
| After eating lunch with our new friends from ATL |
| Walking down to the small town of Positano |
| The zippy, curvy road on the way to Positano |
| Another view... we are REALLY close to the side guard railing |
| Dave and I at the top of the town.. after the VERY long bus ride! |
| Positano |
| The pictures really do not do this little town justice. It's really just stunning scenery! |
| Pictures taken by our new friends. I look white washed and like I have been drenched in humidity... lovely! |
After our crazy bus tour back (we somehow squeezed into a bus where we were almost falling out of the doors) we made it back to Sorrento to see the sunset with our new friends. We went to dinner that evening, had another ice cream, and then we took out crazy party bus (not really, but the man driving it was fist pumping to crazy techno music, jabbering in Italian to some girls he was trying to impress and not at all watching the road) back home to Massa Lubrense.
| Right at Sunset in Sorrento |
| Pictures from the next blog post that I found on Dave's camera roll. Opps. Sorrento |
| Freakishly large lemons!!!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment