After a delicious meal the evening before Dave and I awoke to perfect blue skies and lots of sunshine! Being in Venice was probably the most sun that either of us has seen all winter and it was magical! We decided to first take a trip up to the Jewish Ghetto and then work our way down to the Rialto Bridge, for what we would both agree later was a really great sightseeing day!
 |
| Waiting for the water bus to take us up to Cannaregio |
 |
| Just a regular day on the gondola |
Having made it up to the area called Cannaregio we walked over the bridge and into the Jewish Quarter. Cannaregio is a little more run down, shall we say, than the more touristy areas of Venice, but it is still beautiful. When you walk into the square it almost seems like you are no longer in Venice, but in some quaint little Italian town. Children were playing soccer in the square and old ladies and gentlemen were just sitting around talking to one another.
 |
| Walking into the Jewish Quarter |
 |
| Gondola's have the right of way |
 |
| Church were children and parents a like were running to catch morning mass |
 |
| I had no idea that "person" was behind me, and when I turned around I had quite a fright! |
Having worked through Cannaregio we went through the San Marco district on our way to the Rialto Bridge. Before we were there we stopped at a lovely little chocolate store were we both some spicy chocolates and a bottle of wine, which we would consume later on that evening in our hotel.
 |
| Just more boats |
|
|
The Rialto bridge was less than packed, but I can not imagine what it would be like during the summer... probably pure hell. It was around noon when we finally made it there so we took a couple of quick pictures and then headed off to grab some lunch and have a spritz and typical Italian Cichetti's.
 |
| Dave on the Rialto Bridge... so handsome |
 |
| Spritz and food.. cheaper to eat standing up than sitting down. Something we learned fast while eating in Italy |
 |
| My picture of Dave. Apparently I like getting the wall more than him.. sorry |
After our spritz and lunch I walked Dave and I further into the area known as San Polo and into Santa Croce. The guide book had told us about a bridge called "Tit's Bridge". This is where all of the ladies of the night were instructed to show their "wares" instead of on the main square... hence the name tit's bridge. There was a big write up about it in the guide book so we were both expecting something a little more than just the sign... but alas, that was all we got and a bit of a let down as well.
 |
| Me at Tit's Bridge. |
 |
| Posing as always |
There was more exploring to be done the rest of the evening as well, but unfortunately I can not upload any more pictures, as it seems I have run out of space. The day was beautiful and magical and spending it with Dave made it all the more romantic.
Gorgeous pics hon. Umm...okay now I want to go to Venice!
ReplyDelete