Before heading back to the US Dave and I went to Christmas markets in the center or Prague. They have hot wine, hot honey liquor, and more arts and crafts items than you can shake a stick at!
Every year the city of Prague goes to the Krokonose mountains (giant mountains) to pick out that years Christmas tree! It's amazing the amount of lights they put on the tree... it's beautiful! Dave and I were walking back through the city after a really great evening at dinner when i took this picture; and i don't think that it does it justice!
Back in the US daddy and I went to dinner at a really nice restaurant. We had lamb and mushroom risotto, which is probably some of the best food that I had had in a REALLY long time! We washed it down with some really yummy Belgian beers and enjoyed the night together just talking the way daddys and daughters do.
Katie was in charge of Christmas Eve dinner this year, which she did an amazing job of preparing! We had the traditional Grzywa Borscht! For those of you who are not familiar with such a tasty treat it includes the following items: sausage (kielbasa), potatoes, eggs, and a white broth made from vinegar, flour, water, milk, salt and pepper. It's something that we traditionally have at easter, but this year we decided to move it up. It turned out so well... we have to give Katie full credit for that one!
Later on that evening we all sat down to being the giant celebration that is Christmas (opening gifts on Christmas eve!). During this time I decided to take some pictures of the Christmas tree that daddy and I picked out and decorated. We had a lot of fun listening to Christmas music and putting up decorations. I think next year we will have to buy some new lights... we had to get very creative with the couple strands that we had! It turned out nice and with Dad and Champs help we had a beautiful Christmas tree!
Our family tradition is to always have a yummy Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve followed by opening presents from friends and family. 2009 was no exception and we carried on rather happily with this tradition... we all like opening gifts and are big fans of instant gratification! Below are a couple of pictures from the 24th!!
LAter on that evening me, Jake, Katie, and Jake's girlfriend went to Katie's friends house to celebrate her birthday! Jessica, Katie's friend, was already doing a really good job of celebrating and with Jake and I being DD's we decided to keep out beverage consumption to a minimum. So, while everyone else was drinking we took some pictures instead!!! And yes, that is a bright red bow from a Christmas present in my hair! What? It's festive!
One of my last nights in town i met my dear friend Lisa Kay at a resort near the two of us for a little drinking and catching up. It was a really beautiful day! We sat outside and had some wine, and then once the sun went down, and it got a little cool, we went inside to continue our party. There we moved onto the "hard stuff"... we both agreed we needed a little vodka. We talked about old times, new times, and times to come. I miss her so much and it was so great just to be girls and catch up. We both agreed that in 2010 we should get together at a tropical location (another friend included who couldn't make wine night by the beach)!
Being home for Christmas was so much fun and i really had a great time being with my family and seeing my dear friends. I am definitely lucky to have such amazing friends and family in my life.... Happy 2009 and hello 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment