"I feel like I am melting. Why did I even bother putting on make-up."
On our last full day in Budapest me, Dave, Tara and Koen, did a little bit of sightseeing up near the Buda castle. I had never been there, even from my previous visit, so I was looking forward to taking in a little bit of history. The view from the top is spectacular! The castle reminds me a lot of the buildings we saw in Vienna, when Dave and I were ther for the Florence and the Machine concert. There were, unfortunately, no tours the day that we went, but to be honest, it was so freaking hot up there that I am not sure I would have been able to deal with one if there had been one. Being sweaty is not one of my favorite past times. I did manage to find a fountain at the top though. and I just stood there in it's spray. Best free shower ever!
Below are some quick snaps from our castle adventure!
The cathedral at the top of the castle. I loved the mosaic tiles on the roof. The picture lookes like I am in some Balkan or North African country.
This place had an observatory deck. If you went up top, you paid like $5. If you stayed at the bottom, it was free. Guess which one we all picked?
View from the observation deck. You can see Parliament in the background
Walking up to the beginning of the castle. There will be a fountain dead ahead... this was not the free shower fountain. It's spray stayed nicely in it's "bowl".
Dave and I in front of the fountain. I have seen similar artwork/sculpture at the Konopiste Castle in the Czech Republic. (they were apart of one lovely empire for a while so that could explain it)
Walking down into the english gardens
Dave's favorite picture of me. Apparently, I look very much like the above lion when I wake up in the morning, or when I am in a bad mood!
A lovely little pool inside the gardens.
Beware of falling rocks. This was written where the garden edge met the actual working part of the castle. They don't keep this part in good condition, obviously.
No comments:
Post a Comment