"Tying is like kissing your sister."- Bear Bryant
What legendary words! Who ever would have thought that even 6 years out of college I would still be using that memorable phrase to describe the embarassment that is english football. It's bad enough that American's don't even really like the sport, but then, to tie against england? This country invented it, perfected it, they have whole gossip columns dedicated to footballers and their wives weekly escapades, and we tied them? Pre-match Dave and fellow Brits were quite energetic, arrogant really about the up-coming match. My fellow Americans were happily enjoying the pizza, beer and the stunning weather that had turned out for the evening. We were fully expecting to lose.. but somewhere I held out hope that my sweet little "soccer" boys might pull off the unthinkable and win or at least, TIE with England. Here's how the pictures went:
Game faces- this is obviously the start of the match. English flag with Danni and Dave's crusader faces... these expression will change as the match goes on.
Where we watched the game. It was in the middle of his fantastic square, flanked by beautifully designed buildings!
I believe this is "half-time" or how ever they call it in soccer. We had scored and I was very happy!
Similar shots for cousins. This was our ooppss face for the goalie letting our ball in. Thank you England!
Terror in Dave and Danni's hearts. I was putting up the #1 sign for America and Dave quickly tried to put up the #2. Together we make #3... England's place always in anything that matters... third
For the record, it was a lot of fun watching football with the whole gang. Dave was actually not nearly as pissed off as what I was expecting, but that's probably because we both went through to the next round, otherwise I am sure it would have been a messy situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment