Wednesday, July 28, 2010

No Oktoberfest Needed- A Visit to the Royal Beer Hall

Our own little Oktoberfest in the middle of Summer.


Apparetly there is an idea shared by most Westerners that you must go to Munich during Oktoberfest. I am sure that this is quite an experience in and of itself, but since I live in Prague (which i would like to add consumes more alcohol than any other country per year... yes this includes Germany during Oktoberfest) drinking is no longer a big deal. However, taking in the atmosphere of a place so historic to beer drinking culture is... enter the Haufbrauhaus. A place of magic, lederhosen and dirndle. A place with 1 liter beer, German ompa bands, old men that still play cards at the reserved table and German banter... I am sure Oktoberfest is an excited experience, but I am glad I got to see the German side of this fantastic beer hall... to my American friends.. go to Germany during the summer when you can actually meet Germans.

What would Germany be without a pretzel?

Or sausage?

We tried to conceal our 1 liter mas beers

My first real "Munich man". His wife was putting the 1 liters back faster than Dave and I and she was about 65-70 years old!

 
Daddy and I before he left

Literally, the happiest man on earth. Surronded by three women in cleavagey dresses

Our new friends. Ladies from Northern Germany that Dave was flirting with... they were here for a Lawn Bowling Tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment