Thursday, January 6, 2011

Your mission- Wedding Dress

Love, marriage, wedding dress, LOTS of driving miles


My sister, as some of you may already know, is getting married May 7th of this year in Birmingham, Alabama. It's a very exciting time when two people, who really love one another, will share the vows that will keep them together for the rest of their lives! (inset sigh and cooing here). When Katie asked me to come over and help her pick out her wedding dress I was beyond excited! We found the dress during our trip at one of the last places we went... a dress store in Atlanta after we had already logged a good 400 miles driving around Alabama.

First dress store. Doing a little shake shake fashion show in her comfy robe. Apparently it was quite comfortable!

Day two in a wedding dress store in Birmingham. We were there for about 3 1/2 hours. I was starving by the time I left but we had a really nice time

possible bridesmaid dress? You will have to wait and see

Saturday was Homecoming at my lovely university and good friends had made the trip to come and join in on the fun. My best friend was there, along with some of my other lovely sorority sisters whom I hadn't seen in what seemed like years! I am definitely blessed to have such amazing friends in my life.

The G-spot... memories galore

SJ (in the background) Katie, Page, me (Daniel singing) and Dingus. I love these girls so much!

In the G-spot. This was one of the first bars I took Katie into when she was only a little one (18 years of age) when I was taking her to Alabama to experience the good life

our seats at the football game
 The following day we were off to Atlanta for wedding dress blitz. I had made arrangements to stay with my friends Destin and Dawn (pretty much the cutest freaking husband and wife team that ever lived) and to see my dear friend Laura Cheatham Barnhart and meet her new husband and see their lovely new house. It was, as always, so hospitable and amazing!
Trying on J.Crew dresses

It was really pretty on Katie, but it's not the dress she picked

My little sister from Theta! Laura in her house in Atlanta

Our trip to Atlanta was successful and Katie walked away with an amazing wedding dress! I can not wait to see her wear it on her big day!
The Next day back I helped Katie decorate the outside of her house for Halloween and bought her some flowers for her front porch.

Katie's little house in T-town

Before going to the airport. Bye bye... so much fun as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment