Tuesday, August 10, 2010

American Football- Czech Republic versus Slovakia

"We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it."
John F. Kennedy

Never would I have thought that I would agree with this statement more than I did after watching the Czech Republic versus Slovakia game. I LOVE football. Perhaps it has a lot to do with college (ALABAMA.. Roll Tide!)??
I am a fervent supporter of all things Czech Republic (unless we are playing the US; I know where my allegiance lies) so was it really a surprise that I was rooting for this team? No, I didn't think so either. Dave went ahead and picked Slovakia, he was sorry in the end. The game was a normal regulation game concerning time, equipment, yardage, etc. There were some really terrible calls though, but that's in any football game.
I am now ready for Alabama football to start... not too many days left!!! I suppose this was like a teaser. I was very well behaved until the end of the 3rd... and then, well, the curse words came out in rapid fire (drop pass here, fumble there... it was Alabama in 2000... shameful!) But, in the end, Czech Republic won... and I was happy!



My Team


Slovakia is in blue. The stadium was empty but for 3 sections opened....


Last play of the game!


24-14... not bad Czech Republic, not bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment