Saturday, August 7, 2010

We Finally made it- The Munich Diary

"Modern Munich"

I have been looking forward to coming to Munich ever since I was in college and heard all about Oktoberfest. I can finally say though, that I may never need to go to Oktoberfest after the drinking that was done while we were in Munich.. I easily gained at least 5 pounds (3 kilos). After a 5 hour bus ride, Dave and I were both very happy to be off the bus, checked into the hotel and off to the beer garden with Dad and Silke. The first thing that we all did was order the biggest beers possible; a lovely 1 liter mug of beer. Talk about quenching thirst! I had two of these behemoths and can say that I was quite tipsy once we finally left the beer garden. After our lovely drinks we took off of the city center for some sight-seeing. We came across another beautiful garden that was honestly, filled with alcoholics and homeless people. But hey, the flowers were really beautiful. We wandered into the pedestrian zone and saw all sorts of strange art.. i took a picture of my favorite and posted it below. Around 7pm we took a taxi to the English Gardens which are famous in Munich for their beauty, the surf area, and of course the beer gardens. It was a really great night!



My first authentic German Beer, so Very very happy

Two beers are better than one.
 O is for O'Brien. Even the German's love us crazy Irish







Dave and I loved the German art... does it look like anything to anyone else? Or just Dave and I?
Beautifully manicured gardens. I took this picture to show Katie all of the different color flowers she could use for her wedding
English Garden at Dusk



My new friends
Our night cap. Enjoying another tasty beverage created by the great people of Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment