Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Saturday night out

"Wow, I can't believe I once thought this band was any good." (about a band that has played at Alabama for over 10 years)

Katie and I before heading to 4th and 23rd






Katie, me, and Jake- twins and a big sister




Me and Jakey



Finally got Matt to a bar.




Me and Daddy



Jake and Katie





Jake, Katie, Matt, Daddy, Jessica, and I all went out to the bars post-graduation to celebrate Katie finishing college. We went to a bar called 4th and 23rd (actually it's called something else now, but since I can't remember the new name I am going with the old.) and had drinks and listened to a terribly band called US. Now, for those that have heard this band sober, I believe you will now agree with me that they are terrible! They have, I am sure, always been terrible, but I believe me, along with most of the Tuscaloosa population, were always too inebriated to know the difference. I think the entire table was blown away by their hairband performance and middle-aged men, 1980's rock and roll attitude. Still, they some how managed to have towny groupies... I will never understand some people.
Daddy, Katie, Matt and Jessica left early in the night so Jakey and I left this bar and headed over to a quieter venue called Catch 22. We had a nice time catching up and talking about life. And of course I had Jake try Dave's fave cocktail, a Tanq 10 and tonic. It was a really nice night and I am quite sure that Jake may have a new favorite drink!





No comments:

Post a Comment