Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Well, now I know where our out-of-state college tuition goes

" Alabama better not contact me anymore for cash. I am quite sure the university has enough at this point."

Ah... Bryant Denny Stadium, where dreams come true or dreams are squashed. When I was at Alabama we mostly had squashed dreams (can we say University of Central Florida). When Katie started college at Alabama we actually started winning games! Big games too! Then I moved to Europe and we won a National Championship. I think I could be bad luck for the team! I haven't been to the stadium in over 3 years so it was a bit like a homecoming returning to where so many good memories were made for me during my college career; plus it helped that my sorority house is literally in the shadows of this grand venue!

Below are some silly pictures that we took around the stadium. I think my aunts were surprised be the size and the capacity of the stadium... the Alabama alumnae, were quite unfortunately, not.
Dad's Rocky shot


My broadyway performance shot



Group picture- Jake (being Jake), Jessica, Matt (looking at something in the distance), Roscoe, Katie, me, Molly dog, and Morgan


Best. Picture. Period


Another family picture. Yes, we were standing on a slant.


Two legends together side by side
Dad with Bear Bryant


Teaching, Research, and Service... seems so nice doesn't it?



After our stadium tour we walked over to the Quad to take a couple of pictures. Plus, it was a good way to tire out the dogs (otherwise they are both super hyper). It was nice having everything in bloom and seeing all the old places again.
Denny chimes










No comments:

Post a Comment